Thursday, April 19, 2007

Media & Mission Statement (sort of)

"Don't you need some media for that blog?" someone asked me when looking at this URL here. Dude, text is my media. I know you're thinking YouTube clips - but 49% are of teenagers singing a "FCK song" they composed themselves the week before, 49% are copyrighted material that will disappear sooner or later and the remaining 2% I'm not spending my time searching out.

This blog is above all an experiment. How easy can I do it? I've dumped those useful links (half of which disappeared last time my computer crashed, you know). Practical. I get a Google News Alert email once a week plus I play around with some news filtering using Yahoo Pipes; and I copy/paste some of it into a blog entry. Label it with tags for future convenience. Practical and very little effort. Someone maintains a league calendar - sweet! Feeds from around the net - thank you. No effort. Of course, the statistics/probabilities are sort of leftovers from my betting mania. Numbers that would otherwise just disappear on my hard disk. This blog is not supposed to be a day job...

BUT... I actually got some "media" for you. Back when we were looking forward to six Champions League group matches, I was at the same time looking for a new shower curtain because I just moved. I thought to myself "If at any point in my life I can possibly get away with buying something as cheesy as a FC København shower curtain now is the time." I still kind of like it, actually. Here you go...

My FC København shower curtain



My FC København shower curtain

As far as I remember, it was around 200 DKR. Bought in the shop at the stadium of course. You can buy all kinds of equally cheesy merchandise online as well: visit supershoppen.dk.

Oh yeah, FC København won another league game yesterday. But that's really of zero news value. Check out the brief summary at Yanks Abroad if interested. The gap to no. 2 is now 13 points, which I believe is a club record.

No comments:

Search

 

Copenhagen Files

I love football and I love the Internet. Copenhagen Files is a playground of mine for the latter and a billboard of the former. The focus is on FC København - the #1 club in Copenhagen and Denmark.

I watch every single FC København game - aways usually on the Danish TV, home games currently from my season ticket seat at Parken Stadium. Every now and then a report from the nearby training pitches are to be expected. Or perhaps just from the supporter environment at local parks or bars ;-)

I also like to bet on games which usually takes place online these days. Therefore, I gather numbers and look at them; I analyze, twist, turn and play with them. And some of them ends up here as my probability assessments. But this blog is not about betting.

In the right hand column I collect every single relevant link you can think of. I actually use it for bookmarks often - perhaps they will prove handy to you too? They should easily guide you to the latest info on injuries, club economy, squad value etc.
Powered By Blogger