Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Morten Bisgaard contemplations

"Playing in the Premier League would be another dream come true for me and I also think it would bring me closer to the national team again, I haven't given up on that."


Midfielder Morten Bisgaard has spoken to Derby Telegraph about his future [MORTEN'S DANISH AMBITION]. This is the only remotely interesting press clip for this week for two reasons:

  1. Morten's 98th and so far last game for FC København was a brilliant 4-2 win away to FC Nordsjælland which clinched the Danish championship of 2004. That was also the last time we had an exciting league - since then Brøndby (2005) and FC København (2006 and 2007) have secured their medals well before the closing of the season.

  2. Practically the entire current FC København squad consist of national team regulars. I don't think a lot of players in the second best English league are? Hey, the question I ask is: why dream of playing for the national Danish team if one doesn't care enough about Denmark to pay taxes here? (A weird tax rule is basically what makes Bisgaard and other players change clubs in and out of Denmark.)



Anyway, if he can return to former glory and has added some routine to go... I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

No comments:

Search

 

Copenhagen Files

I love football and I love the Internet. Copenhagen Files is a playground of mine for the latter and a billboard of the former. The focus is on FC København - the #1 club in Copenhagen and Denmark.

I watch every single FC København game - aways usually on the Danish TV, home games currently from my season ticket seat at Parken Stadium. Every now and then a report from the nearby training pitches are to be expected. Or perhaps just from the supporter environment at local parks or bars ;-)

I also like to bet on games which usually takes place online these days. Therefore, I gather numbers and look at them; I analyze, twist, turn and play with them. And some of them ends up here as my probability assessments. But this blog is not about betting.

In the right hand column I collect every single relevant link you can think of. I actually use it for bookmarks often - perhaps they will prove handy to you too? They should easily guide you to the latest info on injuries, club economy, squad value etc.
Powered By Blogger