Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring cleaning

Outside it's snowing but calendar says it's spring so as regular visitors will have noticed I've gotten rid of the old layout in a spring clean-up and the team has undertaken the last part of the championship begun last year. What you see isn't the 'next version' since I think of this blog as an ongoing experiment, so for now you have to put up with the somewhat weird and 90ies looking chalked grass thing I got going out on the right... I'll also have to come up with somewhere to put this...

...so no, I'm not done.

And neither is the team! The first of four encounters with Esbjerg fB this half season ended as a loss (2-1 away, defender assisted goal by Jesper Grønkjær). Annoying, but also why we love the game. When it comes down to it all three goals were rather random. Then this Saturday AC Horsens were beaten (1-0 home, goal on penalty by Libor Sionko). Media have been quite aggressive towards FC København for being 'boring' and old know-betters have reared their ugly heads again at this slightest chance to reinvigorate their bashing of the contract with Ailton Almeida (coach Ståle has to do some rotation in his starting 11, but obviously ONE game without Ailton is PROOF he's a waste of money). Anyway, we're second with three points to #1 AaB and five points to #3 FC Midtjylland.

Lastly, as I'll remove some of the more exotic features of my sidebar I'll leave them here for probably very few people to ever find again. First, the Copenhagen Football Map made with Google Maps... you guys really don't need to know where Hvidovre Stadium is at.

Vis stort kort

Then there were a few polls on expectations for our European campaign this season. Since I have no idea what type of people actually vote I don't know who the results says anything about. But generally votes were evenly distributed. Which makes sense since we played teams like Beitar Jerusalem and RC Lens - pretty solid teams that we can both win over and lose to.

Guess I better do a poll on who you are?

1 comment:

Benno said...

I don't know if it qualifies as an easter egg but I feel like throwing in a little extra for those unfortunate enough to end up here unsatisfied or for those genuinely interested: Readership stats from Google Analytics.

Unfortunately, my most popular post is Naked butts. While having been sort of an interesting experiment, I'm not sure traffic from that particular post is helping me out much? Probably later today it will have received more than 1000 hits. Other popular posts tells me FC København is mostly interesting in the transfer windows, when one of our foreigners makes a mark and when we prepare to play some larger, more famous team.

65% of you are browsing Microsoft Internet Explorer. Yesterday I got a hit from a Playstation 3. Most of you are from the United States, Denmark, United Kingdom, Canada or Greece.

88% of my hits are first time visitors spending on average 22 seconds before they leave. On the other hand 100 different people (as far as Google knows) have hit 25 or more individual posts here. (Thanks!)

Successful posts that somehow don't fit very well with the above generalizations include Youth team midfielder survives shooting, New defender offensive? a.o. Articles I wrote myself and with actual newsworthy information in them, I suppose.

Search

 

Copenhagen Files

I love football and I love the Internet. Copenhagen Files is a playground of mine for the latter and a billboard of the former. The focus is on FC København - the #1 club in Copenhagen and Denmark.

I watch every single FC København game - aways usually on the Danish TV, home games currently from my season ticket seat at Parken Stadium. Every now and then a report from the nearby training pitches are to be expected. Or perhaps just from the supporter environment at local parks or bars ;-)

I also like to bet on games which usually takes place online these days. Therefore, I gather numbers and look at them; I analyze, twist, turn and play with them. And some of them ends up here as my probability assessments. But this blog is not about betting.

In the right hand column I collect every single relevant link you can think of. I actually use it for bookmarks often - perhaps they will prove handy to you too? They should easily guide you to the latest info on injuries, club economy, squad value etc.
Powered By Blogger